Search This Blog

25 Sept 2011

Au Revoir Chanel...

Hello Barry M! With great sadness I've decided to give up my habit of using Chanel nail polish, well, any expensive nail polish for that matter. Thank goodness I have discovered Barry M which retails at £2.99. I always wear red, sometimes dark purple or navy depending on the season but reddish tones are my staple and let's face it, a good red is hard to find. Nail polish, in particular red, must be chip resistant, remember that reds are very pigmented and they do chip easily, also it can be quite a thick messy consistency, so an easy application is a must. A thin coat with plenty of colour is ideal. I'm not asking for much am I?

Barry M does a fab range of nail polishes in a variety of colours from pale pink to outrageous shades of green. The colour has fantastic depth and the application and consistency is identical to expensive brands. I have been using Bright Red and Raspberry (see photos). First of all, I advise not to put a pre coat of clear varnish on simply because I feel too many coats can cause the polish to peel off. I dive straight into the colour and it doesn't stain my nails at all, so this is a good sign. Also, allow the colour to dry completely, I use the trick of dabbing my painted nails against my lip, if they stick then the colour needs to dry some more. Once dried, apply another coat to add depth to the colour, but you can get away with one coat of Barry M's Bright Red. And then add a clear coat to add high shine, but again this is a personal preference. My Barry M nail polish has lasted about 5 days...a world record for red!  The bottles also last forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment