Search This Blog

29 Sept 2011

Mayonnaise Mask

I like to have big hair but to have big hair is a bit of a double edged sword. First of all your hair must be squeaky clean and free from product build up or else it begins to look heavy and heavy hair always weighs down, secondly, constant back combing begins to resembles a 'birds nest' look of knotted roots. I have shoulder length hair and it's quite thick, I detest conditioner because it makes the hair too slippery to work with, but I do like to have smooth ends and hair that isn't brittle. So what do I do to remedy this? I use mayonnaise. 

Chatty magazine articles recommend egg yoke for shiny hair and olive oil to relieve dry hair. This can be disastrous, first of all, I once tried the egg formula and the blasted thing cooked in the water pipes! Olive oil does work but it's a nightmare to really rinse out and it drips. Mayonnaise is the lesser of two evils as it combines both eggs and olive oil and it goes onto the hair like conditioner thus no dripping!

You can apply it to wet or dry hair and it rinses out like a dream. What you are left with is soft, shiny and manageable hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment